The 6th edition of JPL will feature 5 teams and be the quickest in terms of duration compared to all previous seasons. Scheduled on the long weekend of July, The regional associations have released a circular to the clubs to nominate the best available players. The deadline to nominate players is June 30. Japan Premier League is among the most competitive tournament of the season. The best available players from each club represent regional association teams. There are 4 teams in the competitions.
The Cricket quality is very high and attracts the attention of a lot of players and fans. It is expected and advised to have minimum supporters on the venue due to COVID, Matches shall be live-streamed on Youtube by JCA . so all Cricket fraternity will be able to enjoy the games.
Since there is not much cricket activity, individual players would need to undergo practice sessions. 3days continues games will test their endurance and focus.
Battle for places in each team will be tough. Since JPL will be 3 weeks after Season starts, Team management, Captain may persist with experience and past performances. Captains are nominated by regional association committees.
Last year had surprising results as Super kings, despite being in winning positions lost games with slights of margins. They would need tighten up in bowling department.
The 5 regional associations form a representative teams .
- East Kanto Cricket association
- West Kanto Cricket association Team Name:
- North Kanto Cricket Association: Team Name:
- South Kanto Cricket Association: Team Name: South Kanto Super Kings
- Tokai Cricket Association :
- 2019: East Kanto Sunrisers
- 2018: South Kanto Super Kings
- 2017: South Kanto Super Kings
- 2016: South Kanto Super Kings
- 2015: 50 Over Blues Men
- 2015: T20: Hornet and Blue Tie
- 2015: Women: Blues