Game: West Kanto Hurricanes vs South Kanto Super Kings @ SICG 2.
Determined to compensate for the loss in the first game, Vinay Iyer decided to start aggressively and particularly took a liking against opening bowlers. This inning proved to be the start of the purple patch in the competition. He scored 79* in 61 ball studded with 7 boundaries and 2 sixes. Later on, he scored two more half-centuries to take his total runs tally to 272 runs in the competition.
Game: East Kanto vs North Kanto .
East Kanto were 116/8 in 16.2 overs when Malith Neranjan came out to bat in the middle. Little they knew that his power-hitting would change the outcome completely. He smashed 6 sixes to help East Kanto post a challenging total of 168/8 in 20 overs. A partnership of 52 runs in just 20 balls.
Mushashi Yamamoto: 114* (65) (8x4, 7x6)
As soon game moved to the synthetic wicket, this player changed gears and was his best to post highest individual score of the tournament.
Sarfraz Petkar 50 (40) ( 4x4, 6x3)
A solo half-centurian in the final, Sarfraz led East Kanto Sunrisers to stay competitive in the game. Until he was at the wicket, Sunrisers were very much in the game.
Piyush Kumbhare 3 - 0 - 9 - 4
South Kanto Super Kings left-arm spinner produced its best figures in the first game against the North Kanto Lions. Recent additional in Japan national team squad, he contained the opposition with tight line and length on turf wicket.
Sabaorish Ravichandran: 4 - 0 - 7 - 0
It’s very rare for this champion spinner to go wicketless in the game. Bowling in tandem with Piyush Kumbhare in the game against North Kanto Lions, together they restricted the run flow in the middle overs of the game.
Makoto Taniyama 3 - 2 - 2 - 5
Japan young ace leg spinner produced the best bowling figures of the competition and is most likely to be among the top3 best performances in recent years of JPL. Leading the Kansai Charger team in JPL, the North Kanto batting lineup had no answers to the big spins & variations he produced. It was no surprise that the North Kanto team was bundled outt for 49 runs. This was the first 5 wicket haul of the competition.
Kouhei Kubota: 4 - 0 - 37 - 5
Best bowler of 2020 JPL, needed some time to adapt on the first day but on the second day, his last over produced 4 wickets that handed him a 5 for and a second 5 wicket haul by a bowler in the competition.
3 wicket maiden : Pradeep Roshan
East Kanto Opening batters laid a solid platform in the powerplay. A score of 200 was on the cards but this over changed the game in North Kanto.
- Ball 1: Supun Caught at mid wicket
- Ball 2: Takada bowled.
- Ball 3 : Hattrick Chance!. Avoided by
- Ball 4: Dot ball
- Ball 5: Dot ball
- Ball 6: Low full toss on the pads flicked straight to square leg fielder.
JPL League Game: South Kanto Super Kings vs North Kanto Lions
- [Super Kings] Piyush Kumbhare 3.0 – 0 – 9 – 4 | Highlights
- [Super Kings] Sabaorish Ravichandran : 4 – 0 – 7 – 0 | Highlights
JPL League Game: West Kanto Hurricanes vs South Kanto Super Kings
- Hurricanes: Vinay Iyer 79* (61) (7×4,2×6). | Highlights
- Hurricanes: Shubham Shukla: 22(10) (1×4,2×6) | Highlights
North Kanto Lions vs Kansai Chargers
- Makoto Taniyama 3.0-2-2-5. | Highlights
East Kanto Sunrisers vs South Kanto Super Kings
- [Sunrisers] Safraz Petkar 50 (36) (1×4, 4×6) | Highlights
- [Super Kings] Kouhei Kubota: 4.0-0-37-5. | Highlights
East Kanto Sunrisers vs North Kanto Lions
- Ashiq Chowdhury 41 (28) ( 4×5, 3×6) | Highlights
- Malith Neranjan 42 (14) ( 6×6) | Highlights
- Pradeep Roshan : 3 wicket Maiden
3rd Place: South Kanto Super Kings vs Kansai Chargers
- Rohit Kesari 59 (45) (4×9, 6×1) | Highlights
- Sabaorish Ravichandran 39 ( 20) (4×4, 6×2) | Highlights
North Kanto Lions vs West Kanto Hurricanes
- Mushashi Yamamoto 114* (65) (8×4, 7×6) | Highlights
- Vinay Iyer 72* ( 60) ( 4×11) | Highlights
FINALS: West Kanto Hurricanes vs East Kanto Sunrisers
- Sarfraz Petkar 50 (40) ( 4×4, 6×3)